Are you a fruit addict looking to cut down on sugar? If so, you might be worried that surviving without your daily dose of fresh fruit for the purpose of cutting down on sugar will be too much of an agony…
Total elimination of sugar in your diet might be a bit difficult if you are a big fruit lover, and you are refusing to give up your fruit addiction. Don’t you worry… you might not be able to cut out sugar completely while still eating fruit, but you can choose fruit with LOW sugar levels in them, which will highly contribute to your goal, to cut out high dosages of sugar through the day.
1. Blackberries are great for your health as they are full of bioflavonoids and Vitamin C, and also blackberries have high antioxidant levels.
- 100 grams of blackberries contains 4.9 g of sugar
2. Strawberries are highly favoured fruit for many, not only the little berries taste great they are also great for your health. Check out the benefits here.
- 100 grams of strawberries contains 4.9 g of sugar.
3. Raspberries is a another delicious fruit you should be adding to your diet if your looking to cut down on sugar.
- 100 grams of raspberries contains 4.4 g of sugar
4. Avocado, yes avocado is a fruit!I know what your going to say, but ask the all knowing Google and you’ll see I’m right… Anyway, avocado probably is the best fruit to add to your diet, if your looking for low sugar fruits. Avocado fruit contains pretty much no sugar what so ever…
- 100 grams of avocado contain 0.7 g of sugar.
5. Lemon maybe not a fruit you will eat by itself as the sour taste can be very overwhelming. You don’t have to eat it whole, you can add freshly squeezed juice to a glass of water or soda, or you can add bits of fresh lemon to your fruit salad for example.
- 100 grams of lemon contain only 2.5 g of sugar.
6. Grapefruit doesn’t have any magical properties to make you burn fat faster,but it does help you eat less, because of soluble fiber, which takes longer to digest. Glass of fresh juice or half a grapefruit before your meal will make you fill more full, and you will eat less calories during your meal. Also this citrus fruit is reasonably low in sugar.
- 100 grams of grapefruit contain 7 g of sugar.
7. Currant; red or black is also great for those looking to cut down on sugar levels in their diet. The low sugar levels are also complimented with high levels of Vitamin C and Dietary Fibre.
- 100 grams of currant contain 7 g of sugar.
8. Red Cherries are a great source of Vitamin A and also low in sugar.
- 100 grams of red cherries contains 8 g of sugar.
9. Peaches another tasty fruit that is greta for those who are looking to avoid sugar as much as possible.
- 100 grams of peaches contain 8 g of sugar.
10. Kiwi fruit are amazing for high levels of Vitamin C and Dietary Fibre. Also sugar level in kiwi fruit is pretty low.
- 100 grams of kiwi fruit contains 9 g of sugar.