Recently I did a blog on The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil and few people since then have asked me, what are the ways they can use coconut oil in their every day life. So I have put together few ideas and pointers how you can use coconut oil in your daily life and gain from the health benefits the oil offers…
1. Moisturiser – Coconut oil is great for moisturising your skin, body and face. Use just few drops and rub it into your skin. Let it dry and enjoy the softness and smoothness coconut oil gives to your skin.
2. Make Up Remover – Use coconut oil as a make up remover. The oil will work miracles and help you remove that little extra bit of make up, that usually stays on no matter how many times you go over your face with the cotton pad and make up remover cream.
3. Conditioner – Give an energy boost to your hair with coconut oil. Use it on your full scalp for deep conditioning or just on your ends, that usually need the most conditioning and care. You can also leave the coconut oil in your hair for the whole night as a deep conditioning mask for that extra little oomph and shine.
4. Energy Boost – Looking for some extra energy in the mornings? Take 1 – 2 table spoons of coconut oil in after waking up for that energy boost you are craving for so much.
5. Tame Your Hair – Having troubles with split hair ends or your hair just has a mind of it’s own? Try coconut oil to help your hair calm down a bit. Drip couple of drops of coconut oil on your hands and gently run it through the frizzy areas. Be careful not to overdo it, you don’t want to look like a grease ball!
6. Massage Oil – Use coconut oil as natural massage oil. Not only it will keep your skin smooth and moisturised it also has a very pleasant and relaxing aroma.
7. Cooking – Replace your vegetable oil with coconut oil next time when cooking dinner or one of your favourite pastries in the owen. Your friends and family will appreciate the change.
8. Shaving – Out of your favourite shaving lotion? Try out coconut oil as replacement, you might never go back.
9. Smoothies – Big fan of smoothies? Why not spice it up with a spoonful of coconut oil! Ad coconut pool to your favourite smoothies for a new taste and that extra energy boost.
10. Butter Replacement – Looking to cut down on butter, but don’t like your toast all dry and well just tasting of toast? Use coconut oil as your new spread on toast.
11. Sunburn – Sooth your sunburnt skin with coconut oil.
12. Blemishes – Reduce those annoying blemishes with coconut oil. The oil posses anti-inflammatory properties which will help you heal blemishes much faster.
13. Dry Skin – Because coconut oil is highly moisturising and has anti-inflammatory properties, it will help you soothe irritated skin and dry patches that can be caused by eczema.
14. Coffee Creamer – Looking for a healthier milk and sugar replacement? Try coconut oil for that extra healthy touch to your morning routine.
15. Nail Treatment – Because coconut oil posses all those great moisturising properties, it can also be used as nail treatment. Rub a little bit of coconut oil on your nails and cuticles for a healthier and more flawless look.
16. Chewing Gum Remover – So we all have been in that situation in life where we suddenly realise we have a big chunk of chewing gum stuck in our hair or on our clothes, or anywhere else it doesn’t belong. Panic sets in right away – How Am I Going to Get it OUT??? Well this is where coconut oil comes to the rescue. Rub a good amount of coconut oil on the chewing gum affected area and let it settle anywhere from 5 – 10 minutes or longer if necessary. Use a soft cloth to remove the chewing and follow up with a wash of soap or shampoo.
17. Bath Oil – For those who love a nice, long, hot bath I recommend to add some coconut oil for a better experience. The coconut oil will add a lovely smell to your bath and also moisturise your skin, leaving it energised and smooth.
18. Popcorn – Replace that fatty butter on your home made popcorn with natural coconut oil.
19. Black Bags – Fighting black bags under your eyes no matter how much good sleep you have? Try applying coconut oil under your eyes every night before sleep to reduce puffiness and dark rings under your eyes.
20. Bee Sting Soother – Most of us have been stung by a bee at some point in our lives and we all know how unpleasant and even painful the experience can be. Next time when you, your kids or friends get stung by a bee and battle the unpleasantness of it all rub some coconut oil on the area after the bee sting has been removed.
21. Leather Polish – Coconut oil can be great for polishing tired looking leather. Use a soft cloth and few drops of coconut oil, rub the leather gently until it looks clean and regains the shine.
22. Ink Remover – If you find yourself with ink stained hands quite often and your tired of running to the bathroom every time the discovery is made, try using coconut oil as a remover. Rub the oil gently on the ink and let it settle for 1-2 minutes, after wipe it gently with a dry cloth or tissue.
23. Dogs Nose – Is your little best friend suffering from having dry and cracked skin on their nose? Use coconut oil as a natural moisturiser and anti-inflammatory remedy.
24. Rust Remover – We all know how unavoidable rust is in our daily lives. it always manages to creep onto our scissors, knifes and other metallic objects in the bathroom or kitchen. To get rid of the rust, apply coconut oil on the affected area and leave it for 1-2 hours, then run it under hot soapy water to remove the residue of coconut oil and whip with a clean cloth.
25. Squeaky Hinges – Is your home suffering from squeaky hinges? Use coconut oil on the affected hinges and remove the squeakiness with ease.
26. Make Up Brushes – All women who use make up on daily basis know how difficult it is to keep the make up brushes clean. This is where coconut oil comes to the rescue once again. Melt down a cup of coconut oil and dip the brushes into the oil. After place the brush on a wash cloth and rinse carefully with warm water and soap until the brush is clean. This will leave the brushes clean, soft and with a lovely smell.
Coconut Oil is a wondrous thing as there are so many things you can use it for in your daily life! If you know of any other uses for coconut oily hat aren’t mentioned above share in the comment section below?